Everyone eats, but only you, the food wizard, is able to determine how each ingredient is produced and even how to analyze its usage. In this two-year graduate programme you will improve the knowledge you acquired in your previous studies to become an expert regarding all the technology as well as inspection protocols and procedures in the food industry and R&D institutions. A portion of the studies is devoted to disciplines focused on chemical, biochemical, microbiological and sensory changes in foods and beverages during production and storage processes. Particular attention is devoted to relevant legislation and the introduction of foodstuffs into circulation with regard to health safety. You will be such a skilled authority that you can host your own TV show in your own country or even on the BBC!
What courses can you look forward to?
- Technology of Animal Food Production
- Food Technology of Plant Foodstuffs
- Principles of Food Preservation
- Food Analysis and Evaluation
- Laboratory in Food Microbiology
- Applied Surface and Colloid Chemistry in Food Technology
- Physical Characteristics of Foodstuffs
- Sensory Analysis of Food
- Production of Alcoholic and Non-alcoholic Beverages
- Processes in Food and Biochemical Production
Where can you expect to find a job after your studies?
- in government administration
- in inspection authorities
- in the food industry
- in food production
- in research and development in the food sector
- as a production technologist in the food and beverage sector
- as an analyst
Mode of study: full-time / part-time